Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Of Drive thrus and fast food deliveries


Considering my laziness nowadays, calling for food delivery services and drive thrus have become a blessing to me.

im happy because both Jollibee and Mc Donalds are sensitive enough to serve drive thru customers quickly in the morning, enough for customers not to think twice about passing by the drive thru enroute to work.

result: hash brown cravings satisfied.

later in the day, or sometimes even late in the evening..i pick up the phone to call for delivery. Pizza Hut is the one hotline i like most. the order takers are kind and patient. Cheerful but not OA. delivery sometimes does not even take 30 minutes!

Mc Donald's Delivery is also quite good, except that in the last two times that i ordered...

1. They forgot about the mustard i was asking for
2. They forgot about the promo glass that i bought, but billed me for it.

Anyway, the food came in in about 22 minutes so, hunger averted, and possible complaint derailed.

Shakey's service is so-so. I was asking if they could deliver by 10 in the morning, but they could not. i found it weird because the woman on the other line told me they open at around that time? shouldnt they be open by 9?

Anyway, the WORST experience is CHOWKING. Hands-down worst. Chowking has the worst service whether you dine-in,order-out, or have your meal delivered.

Dining in is just frustrating because the lines are so long, and the wait, longer. Take out of course takes longer too.

But delivery. Well..let me tell you a story.

One time,i gave in to my halo-halo craving and asked my officemates if they too want to order halo-halo for delivery. I placed my order and was told to wait for 30-45 minutes. 15 minutes later, a branch person calls me to ask if its ok for me to wait for 45 minutes (timer will be reset) because they are receiving a lot of orders in the store and what-have-you. Since i was deadset on eating the halo-halo i agreed, and told the person on the other end of the line to make sure that the halo-halo is not melted when it gets to the office. 15 minutes later, (yes you're right) i got another call. and you guessed it, they are again asking for another 45-minute extension. Now that's really bad service. i curse myself for allowing them to deliver still. If only for my wanting to satisfy my cravings.



A few weeks later (i know, hindi pa kami nadala), we again ventured into ordering at chowking and guess what, the order came in after 1 hour and 45 minutes. My officemate already cancelled the order but was told that its too late to cancel since the delivery guy is already on his way, and boom on the 105th minute, we saw him. When my officemate told the delivery guy that we have already cancelled the order, the delivery guy became sad, and told us that if we dont get the orders, he will be asked to pay for the whole thing.

poor delivery boys. because of inefficiencies in the kitchen and on the floor, they would have to shoulder the cancellations. Of course, our hearts were tugged by the thought that he would have to pay P700 so we accepted the food.

Well, Chowking has always been notorious when it comes to service. i sure wish that they could look at this aspect, so that their yummy offerings wont just go to waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment